These days, everyone uses a smartphone or a computer and has access to internet. But, if we are not following the internet safety tips, it takes no longer to impact us badly. Due to the internet revolution, the number of internet users is increasing day by day. In the same time, misuse of internet if also increasing. Thus, we need to be aware and follow the internet safety tips to saty safe on the internet
Best Internet Safety Tips to Stay Safe on Internet
If you are fond of doing online shopping or internet banking along with the use of social media and networking sites on the internet, then your password should be first priority for your online security. But, most of the users dont pay attention to this and need to go through huge financial loss or pass through harmful impacts of internet.
Let me tell you that if you are using simple passwords like [ 12345, password, your name, abcde ], then you are making a big mistake and should pass through huge loss. These are the worst password used by most of the users in the world, which are the easiest password and can be hacked easily by the hackers. Let’s see, how to create a strong password.
Tips for Creating Strong Password
- Password must be at least 8 or more characters long.
- Password should include Uppercase letter of English alphabet like A,B,C,D,….
- Password should also inculde lowercase of English alphabet like a,b,c,d,…..
- Password should also incude numbers : 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
- Password should also include symbols like – ~,!, @, #, $,%, ^, &, *, (,), _, + ….
If you create a password combining these letters, symbols and numbers, then your password may look like this :
- [email protected]
And, you will be able to create your strong password.
Internet Security Tips for Safe Internet Banking
If you use internet banking or mobile banking, then you must use OTP (one time password) , so that a secret code is sent to your mobile phone before any transaction is completed. The transaction is completed only after putting the OTP code. Your mobile number must be registered in your bank so that you get the alert about the transaction.
While using internet banking, if possible, use virtual keyboard provided on the website, so that the hacker can’t trace your password even with software like Keylogger. Keylogger records your every keystroke typed on your keyboard and sends the typed information to the hacker. There is a high risk of getting your important information into wrong hands. The important informations may include your internet banking password, ATM Card number, Credit Card number and many other important informations.
Tips for Safe Internet Browsing for Kids
If you are at home while browsing the internet,then you can refuse them by scolding them. But, if you are not at home, then they will be using smartphone and computer, and will be browsing the internet the whole day. What to do in such situation ? If you use parental control, then to the very extent, you can make the browsing safe. The feature of parental control is also available for Youtube and Android phone. You can also use YouTube Kids app for your kids.
Internet Security Tips for Social Media and Networking Sites
Number of cyber crimes are increasing everyday on social media networking sites. Hackers are trying to steal your personal information. Once you ignore such threats, you are get caught in the hands of hackers. That’s why, we need to be alert of such threats as far as possible.
- Do not accept friend requests from unknown person. Untill and unless you know them, and have any information about them.
- Do not share your personal photos and videos pubicly and unnecessarily.
- If someone is sending you the wrong message or something suspicious, then block them immediately.
- Do not share your mobile number on social media and networking sites publicly.
- Use privacy shortcuts to manage your privacy. In which “who can see” or “who can message you”, such types of settings are provided.